It's a quiet and very cold afternoon in Michigan today. The wind chills are downright dangerous. Clutch and Zoe avoid going outside until the last possible minute and take care of business as quickly as they can.
Clutch doesn't think much of the idea
There are rewards for good doggies!
I think you get the idea that it's just plain nasty outside but Rob has a nice fire going and we're safe and warm. I have a little time before I start on dinner and have something to share with you.
I'd like to invite you to join both Brenda and I at the first Just Takes 2 Shipshewana Quilt Retreat. The retreats will be held twice a year in the Spring and Fall. If you've never been to a retreat in Shipshewana I can't encourage you enough to make the trip.
The first Just Takes 2 Retreat is April 8-12, 2015. It will be held at the Blue Gate Garden Inn in Shipshewana, Indiana. This is an unstructured retreat with the exception of a time set aside for show and tell on Friday night. You can work on any project you'd like. It doesn't have to be Dear Jane, Sentimental Stitches or Just Takes 2 but we'll be there if you have questions.
You can relax and recharge from life in the busy world we live in. There are great quilt shops to visit, delicious food and lots of sights to see. These are some of the highlights for the Just Takes 2 Shipshewana Quilt Retreat -
- A group rate at the hotel – all you need to do is tell them you’re with Just Takes 2
- Each room includes iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, microwave, refridgerator, hair dryer and free wireless internet access
- A traditional Blue Gate breakfast buffet of hot/cold food and beverages, as well as personalized omelets
- Friday and Saturday evening Ice Cream Shop open in the lobby
- Sit around the campfire and sew outside, weather permitting
- New, beautiful hot tub and pool – open until 11PM
- Sewing anytime, day or night – work on any project you’d like. It doesn’t have to be Dear Jane, Sentimental Stitches or Just Takes 2!
- Box lunches optional – order one in the morning if you want to stay in and sew!
- Two kitchens for coffee, tea, water, snacks
- A “little quilt” for each retreat, and you will receive its free pattern. A kit will be available for purchase
- Friday night “Show and Tell”
Registration is now open for the April retreat. There's more information, pictures and links for registration -HERE